Browse Answers

Sign In

Added: 8 months ago

Where should the process of separation take place?

I am going into the Separation Agreement and probably a divorce with my husband. We jointly own a house and a mortgage in Ontario. He's been living in Colombia for 10 years, and I've been living in Canada. I have no id… (Read more)

Top Answers

Samuel Michaels

Founder & Lawyer, SM Legal

If your property is located in Ontario, it will likely be appropriate for it to be dealt with under Ontario jurisdiction. I would recommend reaching out to the provincially available services which help with separation and divorce matters. Some of the services I can recommend are: 1) Family Law Service Center 2) Family Law Information Center (in-person service only available at courthouses) 3) Family Law Education for Women Best of luck!

Answered: 8 months ago