Browse Answers

Sign In

Top Answers

Josh Schachnow

CEO and Co-Founder,

A “closed”  work permit is provided based on the sponsorship of a company, so the person is only legally allowed to work for that specific company. 

An “open” work permit is not linked to any company, and the permit holder can work for any employer in Canada. However, this type of work permit is only granted in specific scenarios - such as an international student graduate or spouse of a temporary permit holder.

Answered: 6 months ago