Browse Answers

Sign In

Added: 8 months ago

What can I do if I can't afford a lawyer for divorce settlement and child custody issues?

I have a settlement conference with my ex-wife and am unable to afford a lawyer financially as I am currently between jobs. At this time I am starting the bankruptcy process and am not eligible for legal aid. The lawyer… (Read more)

Top Answers

Samuel Michaels

Founder & Lawyer, SM Legal

The following resources may be able to help you: 1) Justice Net 416-479-0552 Non-profit service connecting low-income individuals to lawyers who will charge on a sliding scale based on the client’s income level. 2) Pro Bono Ontario Phone Line 1-855-255-7256 Free legal advice by phone for individuals living more than 40km from a Pro Bono walk-in centre. 3) Office of the Children's Lawyer 416-314-8000 Office of the Children's lawyer for Ontario. They provide legal help and services for matters involving children. 4) Your Legal Rights Website of legal information for people in Ontario. Free and easy-to-find legal information produced by hundreds of organizations across Ontario.

Answered: 8 months ago