Browse Answers

Sign In

Top Answers

Josh Schachnow

CEO and Co-Founder,

Closed work permits are received after being sponsored by a company, usually in the form of a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) application. Those who are sponsored by a Canadian employer receive a closed Work Permit, allowing them to immigrate to Canada as a worker.

If you’re a student graduating from a qualifying program, and are eligible, it's best to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP), so you are not limited to working for just one employer. You can find our free guide on the PGWP at by signing up for free!

Answered: 7 months ago