Browse Answers

Sign In

Top Answers

Heather Hui-Litwin

Founder, Litigation Help

If you represent yourself and lose, you could try to reverse or overturn the court's decision as a self-represented litigant, or hire a lawyer to help you. There are two technical routes to do this depending on the type of decision. One way is to appeal the decision. Another is to "set aside" a decision. As this is a short answer, it is not possible to include the necessary details to understand appeals and setting aside decisions, both of which can involve complicated legal reasoning. It is therefore a good idea to speak to a lawyer to find out which path you should take. However, be mindful that you cannot expect the court to give you a second chance to hear you out just because you were a self-represented before, and you now decided to hire a lawyer to argue on your behalf. 

Answered: 8 months ago