Browse Answers

Sign In

Added: 8 months ago

How can I report domestic abuse that my girlfriend's family puts her through?

My girlfriend is 21, and I don't know if some of the stuff her family puts her through is illegal. For example, her mother wouldn't let her cook food to eat. Sometimes they wouldn't feed her for several days. Her mother… (Read more)

Top Answers

Samuel Michaels

Founder & Lawyer, SM Legal

The behaviour you are describing may constitute domestic abuse. If you suspect this to be the case, you may wish to contact your local police department.

For further legal support, you may wish to reach out to your local legal aid clinic or to your local law society referral service.

Answered: 8 months ago