Browse Answers

Sign In

Added: 8 months ago

How can I get access to police records, related to suicide?

My cousin just passed away and her death has been deemed a suicide, however I don't believe she would do it to herself, as she has two young children. I know that her life with a boyfriend was very abusive both physicall… (Read more)

Top Answers

Samuel Michaels

Founder & Lawyer, SM Legal

I'm sorry for your loss.

In order to gain access to personal records, you must complete a Freedom of Information request in the province in which the information is kept.

You may also wish to contact your local Legal Aid clinic, or a Law Society referral service for additional help in this matter.

  • Law Society referral service in British Columbia:
  • Legal Aid Program in British Columbia:

Answered: 8 months ago