Browse Answers

Sign In

Added: 7 months ago

Do I need to engage a lawyer to help me with my divorce and separation of assets?

My husband left me 3 weeks ago. We have been together for 26 years, and 20 years in marriage. We have a house. Do I need a lawyer to help me go through the divorce and separation of assets? Also, do I need to worry about… (Read more)

Top Answers

Samuel Michaels

Founder & Lawyer, SM Legal

A lawyer may be able to help you to ensure you receive an adequate and appropriate division of your assets in any upcoming divorce proceeding. A lawyer can also review your RRSP investments to determine what risks may exist moving forward.

If you require further legal assistance, we can recommend Carolina Bruckson ( You may also be able to receive legal assistance from your local legal aid clinic.

Answered: 7 months ago