Browse Answers

Sign In

Added: 8 months ago

Can comments made on Facebook result in criminal liability?

I’ve been depressed, angry, and dealing with grief in the past few months. The anger I had against my husband I displaced on his daughter. I posted some Facebook comments about her using a fake identity. Remorse set in a… (Read more)

Top Answers

Samuel Michaels

Founder & Lawyer, SM Legal

Any individual can submit a complaint to police at any time, regardless what promises may have been made between parties. This, however, does not mean that police will automatically press charges or proceed with a criminal matter, although they might investigate the matter further.

If you are concerned about potential criminal liability, you may benefit from contacting your local Legal Aid clinic, or a Law Society referral service to speak with a lawyer in more detail about your matter.

Answered: 8 months ago