Browse Answers

Sign In

Top Answers

Samuel Michaels

Founder & Lawyer, SM Legal

Quitclaim deeds drawn up in United States would be recognized for the purpose of transferring Quebec-based property.

However, it is generally recommended to complete a real estate transaction with the documentation drawn up in the jurisdiction in which the real estate is physically located.

Thus, for a property located in Quebec, it is advised to have the documents and the transfer both completed in Quebec.  

Answered: 8 months ago