Browse Answers

Sign In

Added: 8 months ago

Am I entitled to a refund, after being expelled from a Golf Course for violating the Code of Conduct?

My wife and I have been the members at a private golf course in Ontario for 9 years. Earlier this summer I had an altercation with another member in the Club House after a game of golf. I was suspended for a week and lat… (Read more)

Top Answers

Samuel Michaels

Founder & Lawyer, SM Legal

In order to find out whether you can recover your initiation fee or yearly due you will need to consult the Club's code of conduct, their membership policies, and any membership policy documents the Club provided to you. Most likely, the Club will have outlined their refund policy in specific terms in one of these documents. Your alternate course of action would be to initiate a lawsuit against the Club if you believe you have just cause to do so. A lawsuit could arise, for example, from the mistreatment of a member, discriminatory practices, or a breach of contract.

Answered: 8 months ago