Browse Answers

Sign In

Asked: 8 months ago

How can I legally pursue a Canadian company that has disappeared with my money?

I've paid $2,650 USD to a Canadian manpower company. Since then, they have disappeared with my money, and I have no way to get it back. Please help me find a way to pursue a Canadian company, while residing in India

Samuel Michaels

Founder & Lawyer, SM Legal

The recommended course of action here would be to proceed through a demand for reimbursement, followed by a court action, if necessary.

Since you do not live in Canada, you will likely need to retain the services of an Alberta-based lawyer to pursue and file a claim. This can be done through the Alberta Lawyer Referral Service.

It may be valuable to ask specifically for a lawyer who handles immigration and/or fraud claims.

Answered: 8 months ago