Browse Answers

Sign In

Added: 9 months ago

What can I do if my medical accommodation request was denied by the school?

I'd like legal advice with an issue I'm experiencing at a school in Ontario. I have a health issue that I dealt with since a young age but I worked very hard to manage and it stabilized. I'm recommended by the doctor to… (Read more)

Top Answers

Samuel Michaels

Founder & Lawyer, SM Legal

In general, students often have the right to accommodations under their university’s student wellness policy. If you consult your school’s policy, it’s possible you will find specific information regarding the availability of the accommodation you are requesting. 

If your school is not providing adequate accommodation in accordance with their policy, it may be helpful to have a lawyer correspond with the school administration on your behalf, especially if there are concerns of a racial component (which could lead to a Human Rights claim, depending on the circumstances). 

Please let me know if this would be of interest to you. Otherwise, your school’s policy documents will likely be the best resource to start with. 

Answered: 9 months ago